1. Just a month before the earthquake the school practiced an emergency drill showing the children how to ________ find their “safe place”.
A. calmly B. regularly C. automatically D. specially
2. A clean environment can help the city bid for the Olympics, which ______ will promote its economic development.
A. in nature B. in return C. in turn D. in fact
3. Daily guided tours of the warehouse ______ at 10:00 A.M. in the reception area on the first floor.
A. begin B. begins C. to begin D. beginning
4. The chairman, speaking at length and ______ to the rest of the committee, finally persuaded them to endorse his plan.
A. convincingly B. remarkably C. subtly D. anxiously
5. Cancellation of the flight ______ many passengers to spend the night at the airport.
A. obliged B. demanded C. resulted D. recommended